Liberty is ‘time off’ from the daily work routine. Graduating Sailors will be granted daytime liberty after graduation to spend time off-base with their families and friends. Sailors are expected to act responsibly and maintain military bearing while interacting in a civilian environment.
- Graduating Sailors are prohibited from using tobacco products or consuming alcoholic beverages at any time while on liberty, regardless of age.
- Graduating Sailors are prohibited from operating any motorized vehicles.
- Graduating Sailors must remain in their complete uniform while on liberty. If they are engaging in physical activity or swimming, they must wear the authorized Navy issued workout gear.
- Food, tobacco products, video cameras, cell phones, or any other portable electronic shall not be brought back to RTC.
- Sailors reporting to A School at Training Support Center, Great Lakes generally detach from Recruit Training Command (RTC) on Friday. Sailors who will attend A School outside of Great Lakes will depart on Saturday. To get the most accurate information please communicate with your recruit.
- Graduating Sailors departing RTC for follow-on training the same day as graduation or those who are in a duty status will be granted limited on-base liberty.
- Graduating Sailors must stay within a 50-mile radius of RTC.
- Graduating Sailors receive an in-depth liberty briefing prior to their graduation day.